Some history here: The Golden Gun was actually a gold metal plated gun assembled with a fountain pen for the barrel, a cigarette case for the handle, a cigarette lighter for bullet case and cuff links as the trigger. The gun can only take one bullet. I learnt that the production made three prototypes but two were stolen so only one was used for filming.
Some Ian Fleming Biography:
- Born in London's Mayfair on May 28, 1908
- Ian Fleming graduated from Eton College and Sandhurst Royal Military College.
- Ian Fleming was a Commander in the British Naval Intelligence Divisions during WWII. He became immersed in the world of espionage from which he based the story of the James Bond novels.
- After WWII, Ian Fleming became a journalist and the author of the James Bond novels.
- Ian Fleming's boss at the Naval Intelligence Department, Admiral John Godfrey, inspired the character of M in the James Bond novels. In eleven James Bond movies, M, was played by men, then in 1992, M, was since played by a woman.
- He married Ann Charteris who was divorced from the second Viscount Rothermere.
- On the later years of his life, he lived a life of heaving drinking and smoking. Ian Fleming died at 56 yrs old due to a heart attack.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!